- …and yet more on old signage in France….
- Angie Palmer….Barrou…..next Friday
- Flooding in the Loire
- Breaking news….opening up the Vichy regime archives
- ….a little more on Marcel Marceau
- Marcel Marceau ~ une vie extraordinaire
- Liberation celebrations, Descartes, 1944
- The Touraine: host to the world’s first solar powered home…..in1864!
- Yet more on old french signs
- Gaston Monmousseau (1883-1960): trade unionist and political agitator of the Touraine.
- advertising signage Amboise Angers Arts Azay-le-Rideau Betz-le-Chateau Blois cable laying Catholic Church Chambord Chaumont-sur-Loire Chedigny Chenonceau Chinon Château Demarcation line Descartes dikes edf electrical cables Ferrière Larçon flint flooding floods four banal French architecture French Communist Party french electricity French Ministry of Culture French Postcards French railways French Resistance French Revolution French Traditions hemp Huguenot Indre Joan of Arc La Celle Guenand Langeais Le Chatelier Le Grand Pressigny Ligueil Loches Loire Loire nature Loire Valley Loire Valley History Louis XI Luynes Martin of Tours Montbazon Montresor Museum of Prehistory Museum of Prehistroire Neuilly le Brignon paganism Paulmy Plessis-les-Tours prehistory silex Touraine Touraine History Touraine map Tours troglodyte underground electricity Ussé vineyards Vouvray Wars of Religion werewolves Women's Fashion Women's History World War II
Tag Archives: Ferrière Larçon
PopUp’s songs are a mix of tenderness, humor and derision. Come and meet these four musicians and singers in the warm and welcoming atmosphere of this small, intimate theater at Ferrière Larçon. Entrance: € 10 and € 6 For bookings … Continue reading
Weekend Watercolour Workshop based at the Petit Théâtre des Balcons, 6 rue des Perrets 37350 Ferrière Larçon, South Touraine. 11, 12, July 13, 2012. 3 days led by local artist and wonderful musician, Patrice Arnold. € 45 day € 120 … Continue reading
Spanish Guitar Duo at Le Petit Théâtre des Balcons, Ferrière Larçon in the South Touraine. If you’ve not visited this venue then you’re in for a treat! The rest of the Spring Programme is at the end of this blog. La … Continue reading
My favourite poet Arthur Rimbaud will be having his senses disarranged at Petit Théâtre des Balcons, 6 rue des perrets. 37350 Ferrière Larçon on Sunday 15 January from 3.30pm. It’s a great shame that I will be in the UK … Continue reading
One feature of life in the Touraine is the number of old advertising signage – metal, carved or painted on walls – seen in practically every village and certainly every town. They often refer to defunct products and companies. They … Continue reading
For the past month or so I have been taking weekly French lessons with my friend Patrice Arnould who lives in Ferrière Larçon in the South Touraine. So, recently, I took the opportunity to walk around and explore further the … Continue reading