- …and yet more on old signage in France….
- Angie Palmer….Barrou…..next Friday
- Flooding in the Loire
- Breaking news….opening up the Vichy regime archives
- ….a little more on Marcel Marceau
- Marcel Marceau ~ une vie extraordinaire
- Liberation celebrations, Descartes, 1944
- The Touraine: host to the world’s first solar powered home…..in1864!
- Yet more on old french signs
- Gaston Monmousseau (1883-1960): trade unionist and political agitator of the Touraine.
- advertising signage Amboise Angers Arts Azay-le-Rideau Betz-le-Chateau Blois cable laying Catholic Church Chambord Chaumont-sur-Loire Chedigny Chenonceau Chinon Château Demarcation line Descartes dikes edf electrical cables Ferrière Larçon flint flooding floods four banal French architecture French Communist Party french electricity French Ministry of Culture French Postcards French railways French Resistance French Revolution French Traditions hemp Huguenot Indre Joan of Arc La Celle Guenand Langeais Le Chatelier Le Grand Pressigny Ligueil Loches Loire Loire nature Loire Valley Loire Valley History Louis XI Luynes Martin of Tours Montbazon Montresor Museum of Prehistory Museum of Prehistroire Neuilly le Brignon paganism Paulmy Plessis-les-Tours prehistory silex Touraine Touraine History Touraine map Tours troglodyte underground electricity Ussé vineyards Vouvray Wars of Religion werewolves Women's Fashion Women's History World War II
Category Archives: Arts
Marcel Marceau’s extraordinary talent for pantomime entertained audiences around the world for over sixty years but did you know that it also saved hundreds of Jewish children during the Holocaust. Born to a Jewish family in Strasbourg, France in 1923, … Continue reading
Sandra and I attended the last two concerts at our local Chateau ~ and a fine time was had both times. On the evening of August 12 there’s a further chance to listen to some great music from the wind … Continue reading
Les “Tambours tourangeaux” will be playing in Descartes market on Sunday, 26th July from 10am to 12noon and then, from 3pm, starting from the Descartes Museum they will be leading a guided tour in the footsteps of René Descartes through … Continue reading
Hi all, Here are details of children’s summer afternoon activities at Ethni’Cité, Saint Rémy-sur-Creuse plus the artisan weekend in August where yours truly will be singing on the Saturday evening.
Here’s the Spring Programme for the marvellous ‘Le Petit Theatre de Balcons’ at Férrier Larçon in the South Touraine. Do support this local venue…it’s a delight! Contact Patrice Arnould 02 47 59 10 97 or email@example.com … Continue reading
Hi, one post that gets the most hits on my blog is the link to the World’s Art Museums who have started to digitalise their collections (click here to see previous post). Well I’ve just re-visited the site and discovered … Continue reading