- …and yet more on old signage in France….
- Angie Palmer….Barrou…..next Friday
- Flooding in the Loire
- Breaking news….opening up the Vichy regime archives
- ….a little more on Marcel Marceau
- Marcel Marceau ~ une vie extraordinaire
- Liberation celebrations, Descartes, 1944
- The Touraine: host to the world’s first solar powered home…..in1864!
- Yet more on old french signs
- Gaston Monmousseau (1883-1960): trade unionist and political agitator of the Touraine.
- advertising signage Amboise Angers Arts Azay-le-Rideau Betz-le-Chateau Blois cable laying Catholic Church Chambord Chaumont-sur-Loire Chedigny Chenonceau Chinon Château Demarcation line Descartes dikes edf electrical cables Ferrière Larçon flint flooding floods four banal French architecture French Communist Party french electricity French Ministry of Culture French Postcards French railways French Resistance French Revolution French Traditions hemp Huguenot Indre Joan of Arc La Celle Guenand Langeais Le Chatelier Le Grand Pressigny Ligueil Loches Loire Loire nature Loire Valley Loire Valley History Louis XI Luynes Martin of Tours Montbazon Montresor Museum of Prehistory Museum of Prehistroire Neuilly le Brignon paganism Paulmy Plessis-les-Tours prehistory silex Touraine Touraine History Touraine map Tours troglodyte underground electricity Ussé vineyards Vouvray Wars of Religion werewolves Women's Fashion Women's History World War II
Tag Archives: Blois
Recently I added a couple of postcards of the Touraine to my small collection, this time through EBAY. The one below is a view of Amboise that, while interesting in itself, it is the reverse that tells a story. It … Continue reading
Further to my recent post of photographs of Chateaux of the Loire Valley below are further images by the Neurdein Brothers of Paris. The images can be found on the website of the Bibliothèque nationale de France – where you … Continue reading
This beautiful poster was published by Fraipont et Moreau, 95 rue de Vaugirard, Paris in 1893. Its original size was 139 x 100cm. The illustration and design was the work of Gustave Fraipont (1849-1923) and is one of numerous designs … Continue reading
Further to my previous post, here are further views of the Châteaux of the Touraine. This time they are sepia photographs from the 1911 book, In Château Land, by Anne Hollingsworth Wharton. It is available for you to download from The … Continue reading
The images below, mostly vignettes based on paintings done during research for the book, come from the book The Castles and Chateaux of Old Touraine and the Loire Valley. This guide to the region is Francis Miltoun and was published … Continue reading
M. Didier Lecoq has assembled a fantastic collection of stories and images of aeroplanes of the Touraine on his site: Aéroplane de Touraine: L’histoire de l’aviation en Indre-et-Loire des origines à nos jours. His site includes old aerial photos of … Continue reading