- Selling English Cakes at La Celle-Guenand, in Touraine du Sud
- Live music at Le Chatelier ~ August 2015
- Les “Tambours tourangeaux” ~ playing in Descartes this Sunday!
- Yet more summer activities at Ethni’Cité, village troglodyte
- German Youth against Nazisim ~ a new local exhibition
- What’s on July 2015: Ethni’Cité, village troglodyte
- More on bonnets of the Touraine
- Reward if you know where this is!
- The trams are coming! The trams are coming!
- Demarccation Line, Descartes, South Touraine
- Amboise Angers Arts Azay-le-Rideau Betz-le-Chateau Blois cable laying Catholic Church Chambord Chaumont-sur-Loire Chedigny Chenonceau Chinon Château Demarcation line Descartes dikes edf electrical cables Ferrière Larçon flint flooding floods four banal French architecture french electricity French Ministry of Culture French Postcards French railways French Resistance French Revolution French Traditions hemp Huguenot Indre Jeanne d'Arc Joan of Arc La Celle Guenand Langeais Le Chatelier Le Grand Pressigny Ligueil Loches Loire Loire nature Loire Valley Loire Valley History Louis XI Luynes Martin of Tours Montbazon Montresor Museum of Prehistory Museum of Prehistroire Neuilly le Brignon Orleans paganism Paulmy Plessis-les-Tours prehistory silex Touraine Touraine History Touraine map Tours troglodyte underground electricity Ussé vineyards Vouvray Wars of Religion werewolves Women's Fashion Women's History World War II
Author Archives: Jim McNeill
Last Sunday Sandra and I, along with our friends Colin Dyson & Julie Guy, sold many, many, many English-style cakes at the brocante at La Celle-Guenand. The whole day was such a success that we’re repeating the experience later this … Continue reading
Sandra and I attended the last two concerts at our local Chateau ~ and a fine time was had both times. On the evening of August 12 there’s a further chance to listen to some great music from the wind … Continue reading
Les “Tambours tourangeaux” will be playing in Descartes market on Sunday, 26th July from 10am to 12noon and then, from 3pm, starting from the Descartes Museum they will be leading a guided tour in the footsteps of René Descartes through … Continue reading
Hi all, Here are details of children’s summer afternoon activities at Ethni’Cité, Saint Rémy-sur-Creuse plus the artisan weekend in August where yours truly will be singing on the Saturday evening.
“THE WHITE ROSE” is a temporary exhibition at the Maison du Souvenir de Maillé, 1 rue de la Paix, 37800 Maillé. It runs until 31st August 2015. The exhibition is a joint French-German initiative depicting the activities of, White Rose; … Continue reading
Hi all, image from an old postcard I recently bought at a brocante in the area.