- …and yet more on old signage in France….
- Angie Palmer….Barrou…..next Friday
- Flooding in the Loire
- Breaking news….opening up the Vichy regime archives
- ….a little more on Marcel Marceau
- Marcel Marceau ~ une vie extraordinaire
- Liberation celebrations, Descartes, 1944
- The Touraine: host to the world’s first solar powered home…..in1864!
- Yet more on old french signs
- Gaston Monmousseau (1883-1960): trade unionist and political agitator of the Touraine.
- advertising signage Amboise Angers Arts Azay-le-Rideau Betz-le-Chateau Blois cable laying Catholic Church Chambord Chaumont-sur-Loire Chedigny Chenonceau Chinon Château Demarcation line Descartes dikes edf electrical cables Ferrière Larçon flint flooding floods four banal French architecture French Communist Party french electricity French Ministry of Culture French Postcards French railways French Resistance French Revolution French Traditions hemp Huguenot Indre Joan of Arc La Celle Guenand Langeais Le Chatelier Le Grand Pressigny Ligueil Loches Loire Loire nature Loire Valley Loire Valley History Louis XI Luynes Martin of Tours Montbazon Montresor Museum of Prehistory Museum of Prehistroire Neuilly le Brignon paganism Paulmy Plessis-les-Tours prehistory silex Touraine Touraine History Touraine map Tours troglodyte underground electricity Ussé vineyards Vouvray Wars of Religion werewolves Women's Fashion Women's History World War II
Tag Archives: Loire nature
Why choose flood prevention as a blog topic? Well, for one there’s the fact of global warming (whether through human industrial and fossil fuel activity or as a result of bovine flatulence) which will raise sea levels. This will have … Continue reading
Anyone who lives in the Touraine will be aware of the variable level of the major rivers in the region; with a period of low water in summer and violent spates in spring and autumn. In the past these ‘spates’ … Continue reading