- …and yet more on old signage in France….
- Angie Palmer….Barrou…..next Friday
- Flooding in the Loire
- Breaking news….opening up the Vichy regime archives
- ….a little more on Marcel Marceau
- Marcel Marceau ~ une vie extraordinaire
- Liberation celebrations, Descartes, 1944
- The Touraine: host to the world’s first solar powered home…..in1864!
- Yet more on old french signs
- Gaston Monmousseau (1883-1960): trade unionist and political agitator of the Touraine.
- advertising signage Amboise Angers Arts Azay-le-Rideau Betz-le-Chateau Blois cable laying Catholic Church Chambord Chaumont-sur-Loire Chedigny Chenonceau Chinon Château Demarcation line Descartes dikes edf electrical cables Ferrière Larçon flint flooding floods four banal French architecture French Communist Party french electricity French Ministry of Culture French Postcards French railways French Resistance French Revolution French Traditions hemp Huguenot Indre Joan of Arc La Celle Guenand Langeais Le Chatelier Le Grand Pressigny Ligueil Loches Loire Loire nature Loire Valley Loire Valley History Louis XI Luynes Martin of Tours Montbazon Montresor Museum of Prehistory Museum of Prehistroire Neuilly le Brignon paganism Paulmy Plessis-les-Tours prehistory silex Touraine Touraine History Touraine map Tours troglodyte underground electricity Ussé vineyards Vouvray Wars of Religion werewolves Women's Fashion Women's History World War II
Tag Archives: Ligueil
This map comes from the Resistance in the Touraine’s web site – further details here. Do view my previous blogs on the local Demarcation Line here and here. Double click on the map for a larger image. Advertisements
There is a new web site that’s online dealing with the Second World War demarcation line and the liberation of Ligueil in the South Touraine, Loire Valley, France. It links to my previous posting on the sign that was errected … Continue reading
On Tuesday, 31st July, 2012, Le Dit Vin (Descarte’s favourite wine outlet!) is open to meet with all gite and chambre d’hôte owners who are interested in joining their ‘Fidelity Scheme’. Owners are invited to meet with staff anytime between … Continue reading
Hi all, it’s been a while since I’ve posted ~ just been too busy with life & work. Here are a couple of images of one of a series of markers that have been erected in the South Touraine to … Continue reading
One feature of life in the Touraine is the number of old advertising signage – metal, carved or painted on walls – seen in practically every village and certainly every town. They often refer to defunct products and companies. They … Continue reading
Here’s a cute map, c1608, of the area of South Touraine between La Haye (Descartes) to Azay. The early C17th spelling of place names is of interest as are the lack of details of roads but the significance of rivers … Continue reading
Last week, at a cost of just 5€, I joined my local library at Ligueil in the South Touraine. I did this ‘cos I love books, love libraries, love second-hand bookshops and because you never know what or who you’ll … Continue reading