- …and yet more on old signage in France….
- Angie Palmer….Barrou…..next Friday
- Flooding in the Loire
- Breaking news….opening up the Vichy regime archives
- ….a little more on Marcel Marceau
- Marcel Marceau ~ une vie extraordinaire
- Liberation celebrations, Descartes, 1944
- The Touraine: host to the world’s first solar powered home…..in1864!
- Yet more on old french signs
- Gaston Monmousseau (1883-1960): trade unionist and political agitator of the Touraine.
- advertising signage Amboise Angers Arts Azay-le-Rideau Betz-le-Chateau Blois cable laying Catholic Church Chambord Chaumont-sur-Loire Chedigny Chenonceau Chinon Château Demarcation line Descartes dikes edf electrical cables Ferrière Larçon flint flooding floods four banal French architecture French Communist Party french electricity French Ministry of Culture French Postcards French railways French Resistance French Revolution French Traditions hemp Huguenot Indre Joan of Arc La Celle Guenand Langeais Le Chatelier Le Grand Pressigny Ligueil Loches Loire Loire nature Loire Valley Loire Valley History Louis XI Luynes Martin of Tours Montbazon Montresor Museum of Prehistory Museum of Prehistroire Neuilly le Brignon paganism Paulmy Plessis-les-Tours prehistory silex Touraine Touraine History Touraine map Tours troglodyte underground electricity Ussé vineyards Vouvray Wars of Religion werewolves Women's Fashion Women's History World War II
Tag Archives: Paulmy
Hi all, it’s been a while since I’ve posted ~ just been too busy with life & work. Here are a couple of images of one of a series of markers that have been erected in the South Touraine to … Continue reading
Every year on the 1st November the Catholic festival of La Toussaint (All Saint’s Day) is a celebrated in churches and graveyards across France. Officially it is the day when all the saints recognised by the Catholic Church are honoured. … Continue reading
Following the recent successful history walk from Paulmy to Le Chatelier in the South Touraine I thought it would be of interest to share the history notes I prepared for the day (many thanks to Kath Watson for assistance with … Continue reading
Deep in the woods surrounding the old Chateau of Paulmy in the South Touraine there is a Catholic Grotte (Grotto) to the Virgin Mary. I was guided to it by Julie Vasina who, with her husband, lives and runs the … Continue reading
It’s the end of an era ~ Jackie Pineau who, for the past 27 years, has successfully run L’Union Bar at Paulmy in the South Touraine, retired on the 30th June 2011 and the bar is currently closed. Below are … Continue reading
Here’s a cute image of Paulmy’s busy high street, circa.1900.