- …and yet more on old signage in France….
- Angie Palmer….Barrou…..next Friday
- Flooding in the Loire
- Breaking news….opening up the Vichy regime archives
- ….a little more on Marcel Marceau
- Marcel Marceau ~ une vie extraordinaire
- Liberation celebrations, Descartes, 1944
- The Touraine: host to the world’s first solar powered home…..in1864!
- Yet more on old french signs
- Gaston Monmousseau (1883-1960): trade unionist and political agitator of the Touraine.
- advertising signage Amboise Angers Arts Azay-le-Rideau Betz-le-Chateau Blois cable laying Catholic Church Chambord Chaumont-sur-Loire Chedigny Chenonceau Chinon Château Demarcation line Descartes dikes edf electrical cables Ferrière Larçon flint flooding floods four banal French architecture French Communist Party french electricity French Ministry of Culture French Postcards French railways French Resistance French Revolution French Traditions hemp Huguenot Indre Joan of Arc La Celle Guenand Langeais Le Chatelier Le Grand Pressigny Ligueil Loches Loire Loire nature Loire Valley Loire Valley History Louis XI Luynes Martin of Tours Montbazon Montresor Museum of Prehistory Museum of Prehistroire Neuilly le Brignon paganism Paulmy Plessis-les-Tours prehistory silex Touraine Touraine History Touraine map Tours troglodyte underground electricity Ussé vineyards Vouvray Wars of Religion werewolves Women's Fashion Women's History World War II
Tag Archives: Neuilly le Brignon
Following the recent successful history walk from Paulmy to Le Chatelier in the South Touraine I thought it would be of interest to share the history notes I prepared for the day (many thanks to Kath Watson for assistance with … Continue reading
An image of the Tree of Liberty at Neuilly le Brignon in the South Touraine. It is from my small collection of regional postcards and I have asked one of my neighbours to take a photo of the same spot … Continue reading
Last year Sam, a young farmer at La Jaquetière, Le Chatelier, in the Commune of Paulmy, was good enough to lend me a map of our hamlet. There was no date but it was not too old, perhaps from the … Continue reading
Observant readers of a recent blog contacted me to ask who is Jean Vimenet commemorated in the park of Neuilly le Brignon? So, here a brief biog of this Touraine-born painter and sculptor: Vimenet was born in Tours, May 21, … Continue reading