- …and yet more on old signage in France….
- Angie Palmer….Barrou…..next Friday
- Flooding in the Loire
- Breaking news….opening up the Vichy regime archives
- ….a little more on Marcel Marceau
- Marcel Marceau ~ une vie extraordinaire
- Liberation celebrations, Descartes, 1944
- The Touraine: host to the world’s first solar powered home…..in1864!
- Yet more on old french signs
- Gaston Monmousseau (1883-1960): trade unionist and political agitator of the Touraine.
- advertising signage Amboise Angers Arts Azay-le-Rideau Betz-le-Chateau Blois cable laying Catholic Church Chambord Chaumont-sur-Loire Chedigny Chenonceau Chinon Château Demarcation line Descartes dikes edf electrical cables Ferrière Larçon flint flooding floods four banal French architecture French Communist Party french electricity French Ministry of Culture French Postcards French railways French Resistance French Revolution French Traditions hemp Huguenot Indre Joan of Arc La Celle Guenand Langeais Le Chatelier Le Grand Pressigny Ligueil Loches Loire Loire nature Loire Valley Loire Valley History Louis XI Luynes Martin of Tours Montbazon Montresor Museum of Prehistory Museum of Prehistroire Neuilly le Brignon paganism Paulmy Plessis-les-Tours prehistory silex Touraine Touraine History Touraine map Tours troglodyte underground electricity Ussé vineyards Vouvray Wars of Religion werewolves Women's Fashion Women's History World War II
Category Archives: Artists
Here’s the Spring Programme for the marvellous ‘Le Petit Theatre de Balcons’ at Férrier Larçon in the South Touraine. Do support this local venue…it’s a delight! Contact Patrice Arnould 02 47 59 10 97 or firstname.lastname@example.org … Continue reading
Hi, one post that gets the most hits on my blog is the link to the World’s Art Museums who have started to digitalise their collections (click here to see previous post). Well I’ve just re-visited the site and discovered … Continue reading
Weekend Watercolour Workshop based at the Petit Théâtre des Balcons, 6 rue des Perrets 37350 Ferrière Larçon, South Touraine. 11, 12, July 13, 2012. 3 days led by local artist and wonderful musician, Patrice Arnold. € 45 day € 120 … Continue reading
Spanish Guitar Duo at Le Petit Théâtre des Balcons, Ferrière Larçon in the South Touraine. If you’ve not visited this venue then you’re in for a treat! The rest of the Spring Programme is at the end of this blog. La … Continue reading
Project Gutenberg is the source of the book “Castles and Chateaux of Old Touraine” written by Francis Miltoun and illustrated by Blanche McManus, published in 1906 – it is downloadable here. Now, just as I was writing the above, I … Continue reading
Here is the final post in my mini series of images of early C20th women of the Touraine. The image is of a woman in a traditional Touraine bonnet by the artist B McManus (?), 1905.
Further to my recent blog on C18th & C19th images of Amboise by Bergeron and other artists, below are further images of the Château of Amboise in the Loire Valley of the Touraine. They are by a number of different … Continue reading