- …and yet more on old signage in France….
- Angie Palmer….Barrou…..next Friday
- Flooding in the Loire
- Breaking news….opening up the Vichy regime archives
- ….a little more on Marcel Marceau
- Marcel Marceau ~ une vie extraordinaire
- Liberation celebrations, Descartes, 1944
- The Touraine: host to the world’s first solar powered home…..in1864!
- Yet more on old french signs
- Gaston Monmousseau (1883-1960): trade unionist and political agitator of the Touraine.
- advertising signage Amboise Angers Arts Azay-le-Rideau Betz-le-Chateau Blois cable laying Catholic Church Chambord Chaumont-sur-Loire Chedigny Chenonceau Chinon Château Demarcation line Descartes dikes edf electrical cables Ferrière Larçon flint flooding floods four banal French architecture French Communist Party french electricity French Ministry of Culture French Postcards French railways French Resistance French Revolution French Traditions hemp Huguenot Indre Joan of Arc La Celle Guenand Langeais Le Chatelier Le Grand Pressigny Ligueil Loches Loire Loire nature Loire Valley Loire Valley History Louis XI Luynes Martin of Tours Montbazon Montresor Museum of Prehistory Museum of Prehistroire Neuilly le Brignon paganism Paulmy Plessis-les-Tours prehistory silex Touraine Touraine History Touraine map Tours troglodyte underground electricity Ussé vineyards Vouvray Wars of Religion werewolves Women's Fashion Women's History World War II
Tag Archives: Maillé
“THE WHITE ROSE” is a temporary exhibition at the Maison du Souvenir de Maillé, 1 rue de la Paix, 37800 Maillé. It runs until 31st August 2015. The exhibition is a joint French-German initiative depicting the activities of, White Rose; … Continue reading
The commune of Maillé in the Touraine is burned into the minds of many as the place of the Second World War massacre. But, of course, the small town and its surrounding district has more history than that single tragic … Continue reading