- Cosette FRÉVAL ~ weaver of hemp, linen and wool ~ Saint Rémy-sur-Creuse (86)
- Selling English Cakes at La Celle-Guenand, in Touraine du Sud
- Live music at Le Chatelier ~ August 2015
- Les “Tambours tourangeaux” ~ playing in Descartes this Sunday!
- Yet more summer activities at Ethni’Cité, village troglodyte
- German Youth against Nazisim ~ a new local exhibition
- What’s on July 2015: Ethni’Cité, village troglodyte
- More on bonnets of the Touraine
- Reward if you know where this is!
- The trams are coming! The trams are coming!
- Amboise Angers Arts Azay-le-Rideau Betz-le-Chateau Blois cable laying Catholic Church Chambord Chaumont-sur-Loire Chedigny Chenonceau Chinon Château Demarcation line Descartes dikes edf electrical cables Ferrière Larçon flint flooding floods four banal French architecture french electricity French Ministry of Culture French Postcards French railways French Resistance French Revolution French Traditions hemp Huguenot Indre Jeanne d'Arc Joan of Arc La Celle Guenand Langeais Le Chatelier Le Grand Pressigny Ligueil Loches Loire Loire nature Loire Valley Loire Valley History Louis XI Luynes Martin of Tours Montbazon Montresor Museum of Prehistory Museum of Prehistroire Neuilly le Brignon Orleans paganism Paulmy Plessis-les-Tours prehistory silex Touraine Touraine History Touraine map Tours troglodyte underground electricity Ussé vineyards Vouvray Wars of Religion werewolves Women's Fashion Women's History World War II
Category Archives: World War II
“THE WHITE ROSE” is a temporary exhibition at the Maison du Souvenir de Maillé, 1 rue de la Paix, 37800 Maillé. It runs until 31st August 2015. The exhibition is a joint French-German initiative depicting the activities of, White Rose; … Continue reading
It seems that no matter how often you visit a place there’s always something new…something you’ve missed. Here’s the Demarcation Line marker at the very edge of the town, on the Avenue du Maréchal Leclerc.
Further to the interest in my recent postings on the Demarcation Line in the Touraine I thought readers might be interested in this English version of the short, French-made documentary “A Pause in the Holocaust” on the Italian Occupation of … Continue reading
This map comes from the Resistance in the Touraine’s web site – further details here. Do view my previous blogs on the local Demarcation Line here and here. Double click on the map for a larger image.
Over the holiday period I was reading a book published in 1946 of the experience of Nazi occupation in the Channel Islands, ‘Jersey under the Nazi Jackboot’. I’ve also come across this University of Cambridge video dealing with resistance by … Continue reading
There is a new web site that’s online dealing with the Second World War demarcation line and the liberation of Ligueil in the South Touraine, Loire Valley, France. It links to my previous posting on the sign that was errected … Continue reading
Saint-Pierre-des-Corps is on the site of an ancient Bronze Age settlement and it was on its current boundaries that the Romans once burned their dead. From the Middle Ages to the 20th Century it was an area for market gardening … Continue reading