- …and yet more on old signage in France….
- Angie Palmer….Barrou…..next Friday
- Flooding in the Loire
- Breaking news….opening up the Vichy regime archives
- ….a little more on Marcel Marceau
- Marcel Marceau ~ une vie extraordinaire
- Liberation celebrations, Descartes, 1944
- The Touraine: host to the world’s first solar powered home…..in1864!
- Yet more on old french signs
- Gaston Monmousseau (1883-1960): trade unionist and political agitator of the Touraine.
- advertising signage Amboise Angers Arts Azay-le-Rideau Betz-le-Chateau Blois cable laying Catholic Church Chambord Chaumont-sur-Loire Chedigny Chenonceau Chinon Château Demarcation line Descartes dikes edf electrical cables Ferrière Larçon flint flooding floods four banal French architecture French Communist Party french electricity French Ministry of Culture French Postcards French railways French Resistance French Revolution French Traditions hemp Huguenot Indre Joan of Arc La Celle Guenand Langeais Le Chatelier Le Grand Pressigny Ligueil Loches Loire Loire nature Loire Valley Loire Valley History Louis XI Luynes Martin of Tours Montbazon Montresor Museum of Prehistory Museum of Prehistroire Neuilly le Brignon paganism Paulmy Plessis-les-Tours prehistory silex Touraine Touraine History Touraine map Tours troglodyte underground electricity Ussé vineyards Vouvray Wars of Religion werewolves Women's Fashion Women's History World War II
Category Archives: Tourism
On Tuesday, 31st July, 2012, Le Dit Vin (Descarte’s favourite wine outlet!) is open to meet with all gite and chambre d’hôte owners who are interested in joining their ‘Fidelity Scheme’. Owners are invited to meet with staff anytime between … Continue reading
Weekend Watercolour Workshop based at the Petit Théâtre des Balcons, 6 rue des Perrets 37350 Ferrière Larçon, South Touraine. 11, 12, July 13, 2012. 3 days led by local artist and wonderful musician, Patrice Arnold. € 45 day € 120 … Continue reading
The terrific Petit Théâtre des Balcons at Ferrière Larçon is kicking off its new arts program with the irish singer-guitarist, Rosena Horan on Sunday October 16th! To book an early reservation (seating is limited) phone Patrice Arnold on 02 47 … Continue reading
It’s the end of an era ~ Jackie Pineau who, for the past 27 years, has successfully run L’Union Bar at Paulmy in the South Touraine, retired on the 30th June 2011 and the bar is currently closed. Below are … Continue reading
CAFÉ FRANCO ANGLAIS, SAMEDI 18 JUIN, 16H-18H, AU PANIER D’ALICE, LA CELLE GUENAND. The theme for the next meeting is “Music” in celebration of the Fête de la Musique. Sandra and I are going along ~ would anyone care to … Continue reading
It was May, and once again the small and beautifully formed village of Chédigny held its Rose Festival. Organised by the Association Roses de Chédigny the entire festival is a delight to the senses ~ and the good thing is, … Continue reading