The remarkable image below is a watercolour painted in 1916 by Gaston ADOUE who belonged to a group of German soldiers prisoner of war working in the Paper Mill of La Haye-Descartes (today named Descartes). This painting is of the buildings of the paper mill and the hydro electric barrage.http://lencrierdupoilu.blogspot.com/2009_08_01_archive.html
- Flooding in the Loire
- Breaking news….opening up the Vichy regime archives
- ….a little more on Marcel Marceau
- Marcel Marceau ~ une vie extraordinaire
- Liberation celebrations, Descartes, 1944
- The Touraine: host to the world’s first solar powered home…..in1864!
- Yet more on old french signs
- Gaston Monmousseau (1883-1960): trade unionist and political agitator of the Touraine.
- Wine-making in the Touraine during World War II: a story of Resistance and Resilliance
- Touraine Flint Tool ~ the stone age predecessor of the Swiss Army Knife?
- Amboise Angers Arts Azay-le-Rideau Betz-le-Chateau Blois cable laying Catholic Church Chambord Chaumont-sur-Loire Chedigny Chenonceau Chinon Château Demarcation line Descartes dikes edf electrical cables Ferrière Larçon flint flooding floods four banal French architecture French Communist Party french electricity French Ministry of Culture French Postcards French railways French Resistance French Revolution French Traditions hemp Huguenot Indre Joan of Arc La Celle Guenand Langeais Le Chatelier Le Grand Pressigny Ligueil Loches Loire Loire nature Loire Valley Loire Valley History Louis XI Luynes Martin of Tours Montbazon Montresor Museum of Prehistory Museum of Prehistroire Neuilly le Brignon Orleans paganism Paulmy Plessis-les-Tours prehistory silex Touraine Touraine History Touraine map Tours troglodyte underground electricity Ussé vineyards Vouvray Wars of Religion werewolves Women's Fashion Women's History World War II