The remarkable image below is a watercolour painted in 1916 by Gaston ADOUE who belonged to a group of German soldiers prisoner of war working in the Paper Mill of La Haye-Descartes (today named Descartes). This painting is of the buildings of the paper mill and the hydro electric barrage.http://lencrierdupoilu.blogspot.com/2009_08_01_archive.html
- Reward if you know where this is!
- The trams are coming! The trams are coming!
- Demarccation Line, Descartes, South Touraine
- So, you think you know Descartes?
- 8 Faux-Pas French people should avoid in the British labour market
- Festival of Gardens at Chaumont~sur~Loire, 2013 – a sneek at what’s in store
- The three sequoia trees of the beautiful city of Loches, Touraine
- Spring Programme ‘Le Petit Theatre de Balcons’
- “A Pause in the Holocaust” ~ protection of jews during the Italian Occupation of SE France
- The WW2 Demarcation Line ~ Ligueil, South Touraine
- Amboise Angers Anjou Azay-le-Rideau Betz-le-Chateau Blois cable laying Catholic Church Chambord Chaumont-sur-Loire Chedigny Chenonceau Chinon Château Demarcation line Descartes dikes edf electrical cables Ferrière Larçon flint flooding floods four banal French architecture french electricity French Ministry of Culture French Postcards French railways French Resistance French Revolution French Traditions hemp Huguenot Indre Jeanne d'Arc Joan of Arc La Celle Guenand Langeais Le Chatelier Le Grand Pressigny Ligueil Loches Loire Loire nature Loire Valley Loire Valley History Louis XI Luynes Martin of Tours Montbazon Montresor Museum of Prehistory Museum of Prehistroire Neuilly le Brignon Orleans paganism Paulmy Plessis-les-Tours prehistory silex Touraine Touraine History Touraine map Tours troglodyte underground electricity Ussé vineyards Vouvray Wars of Religion werewolves Women's Fashion Women's History World War II